Remote Associate Veterinarian (DVM)
The Associate Veterinarian performs toxicology consultation via the telephone, email and chat with veterinarians, veterinary technicians, other health care providers, pet owners and consumers calling into Pet Poison Helpline or SafetyCall’s industry side. Associate Veterinarians document history, case notes and recommendations into an electronic medical records system. Associate Veterinarians act as a resource for support staff in the call center and provide training and guidance when needed. In addition to the core duties, presentation and publication opportunities also exist for those who are interested. We provide an extensive toxicology training program upon hire.
Full time: All full time positions will be expected to work every other weekend and some holidays.
- Option 1: Scheduled 4, 10 ½ hour shifts/week (40 hours/week). Shifts are scheduled between 2:30pm-4am CST (2:30pm-5:30pm CST start times).
- Option 2: Scheduled rotating every other week schedule working 3, 10 ½ hour shifts week 1 (30 hours) and 4, 10 ½ hour shifts week 2 (40 hours) between 2:30pm-4am CST (2:30pm-5:30pm CST start times).
Part Time: All part time positions will be expected to work every other weekend and some holidays.
- For part time positions, days of the week, total shift hours, and start times will vary based on the individual, but will be expected to work 12-24 hours/week with varying shifts between 2:30pm-4am CST. Availability will be discussed with individuals in the interview process.
The initial training is full time, 40 hours/week (5 days/week) for the first 5-weeks of employment. The hours will vary, but may include days, evening and weekend shifts. Training schedules are provided in advance. If you are unable to commit to full time training, part time options can be considered and will be discussed further in the interview process.
- Current Minnesota veterinary medicine license or ability to obtain upon hire.
- At least three (3) years of clinical experience required.
- Emergency experience and/or veterinary internship strongly preferred.
- Some toxicology experience is preferred, but not required.
- Advanced proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly with compassion and professionalism.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- The ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and if assigned, overnights.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior
Remote Agent Requirements:
Details on internet and phone setup for remote employment can be found on our careers page. In addition, employees must also have a space that allows them to work without interruptions or distractions, and must not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for animals or dependents.
- The starting pay range is a base rate between $44-$50/hour and is based upon several factors including education, experience, and credentials.
- Employees who work weekend phone shifts between the hours of 12am CST on Saturday through 4am CST on Monday will receive an additional $5/hour differential on top of their base rate.
- We also have many fantastic benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, accident and pet insurance options, 401K, paid time off, paid holidays, company paid life, short- & long-term disability insurance, CE & license reimbursement, incentive programs, and more!