Work from Home Non-Credentialed Veterinary Technicians
Non-Credentialed Veterinary Support Staff are assigned to different service lines based on our company needs and the applicant's background/experience. Below you will find information on the different positions we're currently hiring for, as well as information about schedules, training, and pay ranges. Please review and select which position you are most interested in when completing the application.
Overnight Veterinary Information Specialist I, Job Description: The Overnight (ON) Veterinary Information Specialist (VIS) I position is responsible for responding to incoming cases on Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall International via telephone or chat regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings, and other adverse events from pet owners. ON VIS take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases, and provide accurate medical, health, and safety information to the callers. ON VIS document each case in an electronic record and follow up as necessary to ensure the well-being of the animals and facilitate adverse event reporting. The position also triages minor human medical exposures as needed for a short period of time to cover break for our human medical professionals during the overnight hours.
Full Time, Overnight Shift (eligible for a $5/hour shift differential): Works 70 hours biweekly following a 7 days on, 7 days off rotation, including weekends and holidays that fall within that working rotation. Shifts are 10 hours long.
- Shift: Scheduled from 10pm to 8am CST
Training Requirements for all positions/shifts:
Full-time and Part-time candidates must be able to commit to a 4-week (6-week for the Overnight Veterinary Information Specialist I position), full time, paid, remote training process up front. Training schedules are determined in advance and may include daytime/evening hours as well as weekends. Currently, we are unable to work with any scheduling conflicts during the training process. After training is complete the shift you are hired for will begin.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least 3 year's experience performing veterinary technician duties in a veterinary facility.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate, professional, empathetic, and compassionate on a regular basis, including during stressful or high-pressure situations and interactions.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to gather and analyze complex or diverse information.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients’ products, procedures, and case detail as well as SCI’s operating procedures.
- Remote employees must be able to meet and maintain IT requirements following SCI policies.
Remote Agent Requirement:
Details on internet and phone setup for remote employment can be found on our careers page. In addition, employees must also have a space that allows them to work without interruptions or distractions, and must not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for animals or dependents.
Pay & Benefits:
- The starting pay range is a base rate between $18-$19/hour (plus shift differentials if applicable and noted above).
- Employees who work weekend phone shifts between the hours of 12am CST on Saturday through 4am CST on Monday will receive an additional $5/hour differential on top of their base rate and any other differentials that they have.
- Pay varies based on the individual where we look at several factors including education, experience, and credentials. Pay will be discussed on an individual basis in the interview process.
- We also have many fantastic benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, pet and other supplemental insurance options, 401K with match, paid time off, paid holidays, company paid life, short- & long-term disability insurance, CE & license reimbursement, incentive programs, and more!
Due to the large number of applicants we receive and the unique nature of this position, we are not always able to respond to every candidate who applies. If we plan to move forward with you, you can expect to receive a response from us within a week of completing your application. If you do not hear from us, please know that we appreciate your interest, but we have moved forward with other candidates at this time.