Future Opportunities - Credentialed Veterinary Technicians CVT/RVT/LVT
Now accepting applications for future CVT/RVT/LVT opportunities. If you don't see a current position that interests you, please complete our application and we will keep you in consideration for future opportunities that may be a good fit. Visit our careers page to view state we are currently hiring in.
Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is a 24-hour animal poison control service for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. SafetyCall International (SCI), the parent company of PPH, specializes in industry adverse event management related to humans and animals. PPH/SCI offers competitive pay, generous PTO and benefits for all full-time employees, a fun work environment with many perks, growth opportunities and experience in a fascinating field. We encourage all applicants to view our company overview videos at www.petpoisonhelpline.com and www.safetycall.com.
Come see why we’ve been voted a top workplace for 12 years!
Our CVT/RVT/LVT team members are mainly responsible for assisting pet owners with incoming cases on PPH and SCI’s industry side via the telephone, email, and chat applications. These cases are generally related to potential toxic exposures and adverse events for various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, chemical exposures and more. They may also assist with calls related to general animal wellbeing questions and emergency situations. Our positions are call center roles where an employee is responsible for managing and documenting cases, taking full histories and details of the events, triaging cases and providing accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers.
Previous toxicology experience is not required as we provide an extensive toxicology training program upon hire.
The schedule for our CVT/LVT/RVT team members will vary depending on our needs at the time of hire. Most openings are full time (40 hours per week) and consist of either 5 shifts per week (typically 8 ½ hours per shift with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break) or 4 shifts per week (typically 10 ½ hours per shift with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break). We occasionally have part time openings (16-24 hours per week) which consist of 2-5 shifts per week of varying hours. All schedules include at least some weekends and holidays. Flexibility in scheduling is highly preferred in candidates as we operate 24/7
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Active CVT/LVT/RVT Certification and at least 6 months of experience working in a veterinary clinic/hospital. Emergency experience may be preferred depending on the position.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate, professional, empathetic and compassionate on a regular basis, including during stressful or high-pressure situations and calls.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work varying shift times including some weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to gather and analyze complex or diverse information.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients’ products, procedures, and case detail as well as SCI’s operating procedures.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Remote Agent Requirements:
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high-speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum upload and download speeds. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Pay & Benefits:
- The starting pay range is between $19-$20/hour (plus pay differentials depending on the shift being worked).
- Employees who work weekend phone shifts between the hours of 12am CST on Saturday through 4am CST on Monday will receive an additional $5/hour differential on top of their base rate and any other differentials that they have.
- Pay varies based on the individual where we look at several factors including education, experience, and credentials. Pay will be discussed on an individual basis in the interview process. We also have many fantastic benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, accident and pet insurance options, 401K, paid time off, paid holidays, company paid life, short- & long-term disability insurance, CE & license reimbursement, incentive programs, and more!
Please email our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!