Future Opportunities for Veterinarians (DVM)
Now accepting applications for future Veterinarian opportunities. If you don't see a current position that interests you, please complete our application and we will keep you in consideration for future opportunities that may be a good fit. Visit our careers page to view state we are currently hiring in.
Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is a 24-hour animal poison control service for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. SafetyCall International (SCI), the parent company of PPH, specializes in industry adverse event management related to humans and animals. PPH/SCI offers competitive pay, generous PTO and benefits for all full-time employees, a fun work environment with many perks, growth opportunities and experience in a fascinating field. We encourage all applicants to view our company overview videos at www.petpoisonhelpline.com and www.safetycall.com.
Come see why we’ve been voted a top workplace for 12 years!
Our Veterinarians are mainly responsible for assisting pet owners and veterinary clinics with incoming cases on the PPH and SCI industry side via telephone, email and chat applications. These cases are generally related to potential toxic exposures and adverse events from various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, chemical exposures and more. They may also assist with calls related to general animal well being questions and other emergency sitatuons. Our Veterinarians are responsible for documenting full histories and details of the events, triaging the case(s) and providing accurate medical, health and safety information to consumers, pet owners, veterinary and medical professionals. Veterinarians also serves as an internal consultant to other veterinary medical staff. In addition to the core duties, presentation and publication opportunities also exist for those who are interested.
Previous toxicology experience is not required as we provide an extensive toxicology training program upon hire.
The schedule for our Veterinarians can vary depending on our needs at the time of hire. Most openings are full time (32-40 hours per week) and consist of 4-5 shifts per week (typically 8 ½ - 10 1/2 hours per shift with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break). Occasionally we'll also have part time positions available. All schedules include at least some weekends and holidays. Flexibility in scheduling is highly preferred in candidates as we operate 24/7.
- Current Minnesota veterinary medicine license or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Some positions only require one (1) year of DVM experience, others require at least three (3) years. Additionally, emergency experience is strongly preferred.
- Some toxicology experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly with compassion and professionalism.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- The ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and if assigned, overnights.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior
Remote Agent Requirements:
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high-speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum upload and download speeds. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Pay & Benefits:
The starting pay range is between $40-$50/hour. Pay varies based on the individual where we look at several factors including education, experience, and credentials. Some of our positions also come with a pay differential depending on what shift is being worked. We also have many fantastic benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, accident and pet insurance options, 401K, paid time off, paid holidays, company paid life, short & long term disability insurance, CE & license reimbursement, and more!
Please email our HR team at email@example.com with any questions!