Remote CPhT (or other credentialed medical professionals)
Are you looking for a new, exciting and unique opportunity to work “hands off” in the human healthcare field FROM HOME? SafetyCall International (SCI) may have just what you are looking for! SCI is currently seeking full-time LPNs, CPhTs, EMT/Paramedics and CMAs to work as a Health Information Specialists from home for our 24/7 medical and adverse event contact center. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive and engaging culture!
The Health Information Specialist position is responsible for managing and documenting adverse events, lack of efficacy cases, and product safety/product use inquiries via telephone and email reported by consumers and health care professionals related to various dietary supplements, over the counter and prescription drugs, and other consumer products. This position also manages exposure cases for household and industrial products/chemicals. Health Information Specialists triage cases, provide health, safety and technical product information to consumers and health care professionals and escalate cases to trained medical professionals as needed. SafetyCall offers possible growth opportunities for Health Information Specialists and the opportunity to get involved in various company committees along with case presentation opportunities.
*Please note, this position typically only handles "human" related calls. "Animal" related calls are handled by our veterinary team.
Full Time (40 hours/week):
- Shifts are 8.5 hours long
- Will work five days per week
- Include every third weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) and will have two days off during the week following any weekends worked.
- Includes rotating holidays
- Scheduling is done several weeks in advance.
- Schedule options:
- Mid Shift: Scheduled between the hours of 10am-8:30pm CST
- Float Shift: Scheduled between the hours of 6am-11:30pm (eligible for a $3/hour shift differential)
No Background/experience in the regulatory, toxicology or pharmaceutical field is required. We offer an extensive and ongoing training program.
Training Requirements: Must be able to commit to a 4-week, full time, paid, remote training process up front. Training schedules are determined in advance and are most often Monday through Friday daytime hours, but can include some varying days/times. At this time we are unable to work with any scheduling conflicts during the training process. After training is complete the shift you are hired for will begin.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), First Responder, Paramedic, Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Bachelor’s degree of Science with experience working in the medical field.
- 1+ years recent work experience as a LPN, CPhT, EMT, First Responder, Paramedic, CMA or similar role in the healthcare field required.
- 1+ years experience with customer service, either in person or via the telephone strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding and accurate data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, during stressful or high-pressure situations as well as on a regular basis.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings and weekends (both Saturdays and Sundays).
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service with patience and compassion.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional, empathetic and compassionate.
Remote Agent Requirements:
Employees must also have a space that allows them to work without other interruptions, and they may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Pay & Benefits:
- The starting pay range is a base rate between $19-$24/hour (plus shift differentials if applicable).
- Employees who work weekend phone shifts between the hours of 12am CST on Saturday through 4am CST on Monday will receive an additional $5/hour differential on top of their base rate and any other differentials that they have.
- Pay varies based on the individual where we look at several factors including education, experience, and credentials. Pay will be discussed on an individual basis in the interview process.
- We also have many fantastic benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, pet and other supplemental insurance options, 401K with match, paid time off, paid holidays, company paid life, short- & long-term disability insurance, CE & license reimbursement, incentive programs, and more!
Due to the large number of applicants we receive and the unique nature of this position, we are not always able to respond to every candidate who applies. If we plan to move forward with you, you can expect to receive a response from us within a week of completing your application. If you do not hear from us, please know that we appreciate your interest, but we have moved forward with other candidates at this time.